Refractive surgeries are procedures done to reshape the surface of the cornea to allow the patient to see without glass or reduce dependency on glasses. Refractive procedures available at Shroff Eye Centre are LASIK surgery (including blade-free LASIK), PRK & ICL.
Some general guidelines are:
- Be an adult- at least 18 years of age with healthy eyes.
- With stable vision for a year before surgery.
- With adequate corneal thickness ( we check this when you come for a checkup)
YOU SHOULD NOT BE:
- Pregnant or lactating
- The hormone levels may change the shape of your eye. It is best to wait till hormone levels return to pre-pregnant/ pre-lactational levels)
- Suffering from any systemic illness such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjögrens Syndrome, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, etc.
- Affected by other corneal or retinal eye problems